If you are comfortable with logging into your server via SSH, this is the most direct method of upgrading cPanel.
- Log into your server via SSH as root or a wheel user.
- If you log in as a wheel user, su to root before running the command in the next step.
- To upgrade or update cPanel, run the following command:
- Progress will be output to the terminal by default.
- Even if there isn't an available update, this command will check several things anyway.
- When done, you can log out of SSH and check WHM in your web browser for new features or settings.